FSSAI Registration Online
Get your FSSAI Registration Online Just @ 1499/-
- Money Back Guarantee
- Food License Experts
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Free Expert Assistance for Lifetime
Proces of Submit Documents for FSSAI Registration Online
Overview about Food License Online
A food license is a legal document that certifies that a food business operator complies with the food safety standards and regulations set by the government. A food license is mandatory for any business that involves the handling, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storing, distributing, or selling of food or food products. A food license ensures that the food is safe for human consumption and prevents food adulteration, contamination, and fraud.
There are different types of food licenses depending on the nature, scale, and turnover of the food business. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the apex body that issues Food License Online in India. The FSSAI has three categories of food licenses: basic registration, state license, and central license.
To obtain a food license, a food business operator must apply for FSSAI registration online or offline through the FSSAI website or the designated authorities in their respective states. The application must be accompanied by the required documents, such as identity proof, address proof, business details, layout plan, a list of products, etc. The application fee varies depending on the type and duration of the license. The FSSAI, or state authorities, will verify the application and inspect the premises of the food business before granting or rejecting the license. The license is valid for a period of one to five years and must be renewed before its expiration.
Who Needs Fssai registration online in India?
FSSAI license/registration is mandatory for various food-related businesses to ensure compliance with the food safety regulations. The following entities need to obtain an FSSAI Registration Online
- Food Manufacturers: Any business involved in the manufacturing, processing, packing, or storage of food items requires an FSSAI license.
- Food Traders: Businesses engaged in selling food products, including wholesalers, distributors, and retailers, need to obtain an FSSAI license.
- Food Importers: Importers of food products must obtain an FSSAI license to bring in food items from other countries.
- Food Packaging Units: Entities involved in manufacturing packaging materials used for food items require an FSSAI license.
- Food Storage Units: Businesses operating storage facilities for food products need to obtain an FSSAI license.
- Food Transporters: Entities involved in the transportation of food products need to have an FSSAI license.
- Food Caterers: Catering businesses that provide food services at events or gatherings should have an FSSAI license.
- Food Sellers on E-commerce Platforms: Sellers operating on e-commerce platforms selling food products require an FSSAI license.
Key Functions Performed By Fssai Registration In India?
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is the apex regulatory body for food safety and quality in India. It performs several key functions to ensure that the food consumed by citizens is safe, wholesome, and nutritious. Some of the key functions performed by online FSSAI registration are:
- Framing and implementing food safety standards, regulations and guidelines for various food products and processes.
- Licensing and registering food businesses and ensuring compliance with the food safety norms.
- Conducting food testing and analysis through a network of accredited laboratories and research institutions.
- Monitoring and supervising the food import and export activities and ensuring adherence to the international standards and agreements.
- Promoting awareness and education on food safety and hygiene among consumers, food handlers and stakeholders.
- Coordinating with the central and state governments, other regulatory agencies and international organizations on matters related to food safety and quality.
- Encouraging innovation and research in the field of food science and technology to enhance food safety and quality standards.
What Are The Fssai License Number?
FSSAI issues licenses and registration certificates to food businesses that comply with the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006 and the rules and regulations made thereunder.
FSSAI license number is a 14-digit alphanumeric code that is printed on the food products along with the Food License Online logo. The license number indicates that the food product has undergone quality checks and is approved by the FSSAI. The license number also helps in tracing the origin and history of the food product in case of any complaint or recall.
The 14 digits of the FSSAI license number are divided into five sections, each having a specific meaning. The sections are as follows:
- The first digit represents whether the food business is registered (1) or licensed (2).
- The second and third digits represent the state code where the food business is located.
- The fourth and fifth digits represent the year of manufacture or packaging of the food product.
- The sixth, seventh and eighth digits represent the enrollment or application number of the food business.
- The ninth digit represents the kind of business activity, such as manufacturing (1), processing (2), packing (3), storage (4), distribution (5), retailing (6), catering (7), transport (8) or others (9).
- The last five digits represent the unique identity number of the food business operator.
Fssai License Number Format
Types Of Fssai License
FSSAI issues different types of licenses to food businesses based on their size, nature, and turnover. FSSAI licenses are classified into three types: basic, state, and central.
- A Basic License is required for Food License Online businesses that have an annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakhs or are involved in petty food retailing, manufacturing, or storage. A basic license can be obtained online or offline from the local authority.
- A State License is required for food businesses that have an annual turnover of more than Rs. 12 lakhs but less than Rs. 20 crores or are involved in medium-scale food retailing, manufacturing, or storage. A state license can be obtained online or offline from the state authority.
- A Central License is required for food businesses that have an annual turnover of more than Rs. 20 crores or are involved in large-scale food retailing, manufacturing, or storage. A central license can also be obtained online or offline from the central authorities.
Depending on the kind of licence and the cost paid, the FSSAI Registration Online licence is valid for one to five years. The license must be renewed before its expiry date to avoid penalties and legal actions.
Fssai Registration Fee:
The FSSAI Registration Online Fee is the amount of money that a food business operator (FBO) has to pay to the Food Safety and Standards authorities of India (FSSAI) to obtain a license or a registration certificate. The Fssai Registration Fee varies depending on the type and size of the food business, as well as the duration of the license or registration.
According to the FSSAI website, the Fssai Registration Fee for different categories of FBOs are as follows:
- Petty Food Business: Rs. 100 per year
- State License: Rs. 2000 to Rs. 5000 per year, depending on the turnover of the FBO
- Central License: Rs. 7500 per year
- Import License: Rs. 3000 per year
Penalties And Offences For Non-Compliance
The FSSAI license is a mandatory requirement for any food business operator in India. It ensures that the food products are safe, hygienic and comply with the standards set by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). Non-compliance with the FSSAI license can result in serious penalties and offences, as per the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006.
Some of the penalties and offences for non-compliance with the FSSAI license are:
- Operating a food business without a valid license or registration: This can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 5 lakhs and/or imprisonment for up to six months.
- Selling or distributing substandard or adulterated food: This can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 10 lakhs in fines and/or up to seven years in imprisonment.
- It is available for download and printing from the website.
- Selling or distributing misbranded or misleading food: This can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 3 lakhs and/or imprisonment for up to three years.
- Selling or distributing unsafe or contaminated food: This can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 10 lakhs and/or imprisonment for life.
- Obstructing or interfering with the inspection or sampling of food by the FSSAI officials: This can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 1 lakh and/or imprisonment for up to three months.
- Failing to comply with the directions or orders issued by the FSSAI officials: This can attract a penalty of up to Rs. 2 lakhs and/or imprisonment for up to six months.
Who Are Mandatory To Secure Fssai Basic Registration?
FSSAI basic registration is a mandatory requirement for all food businesses that have an annual turnover of less than Rs. 12 lakhs or are involved in petty food retailing, manufacturing, or storage. Some of the food businesses that need to secure FSSAI Registration Online are:
- Small-scale or cottage industries that produce food products such as pickles, jams, papad, etc.
- Hawkers, vendors, or temporary stall holders that sell food items such as chaat, samosa, tea, etc.
- Dhabas, canteens, or small eateries that serve cooked food to customers.
- Small-scale distributors, retailers, or suppliers of food products such as biscuits, snacks, beverages, etc.
- Any other food business that does not fall under the category of state or central license.
What Are The Fundamental Documents Required For Fssai Basic Registration?
Online FSSAI Registration ensures that the food business complies with the basic hygiene and safety standards set by the authority. To apply for FSSAI basic registration, the food business operator (FBO) needs to submit the following documents:
- A duly filled and signed Form A, which is the application form for FSSAI basic registration. The form can be downloaded from the official website of FSSAI or obtained from the local authority.
- A passport-sized photograph of the FBO or the authorized signatory.
- A self-declaration of food safety management system (FSMS) plan, which outlines the measures taken by the FBO to ensure food safety and quality.
- Proof of identity and address of the FBO or the authorized signatory, such as Aadhaar card, PAN card, voter ID card, driving license, etc.
- Proof of possession of the premises where the food business is conducted, such as rent agreement, electricity bill, property tax receipt, etc.
- Any other document as required by the local authority, depending on the nature and scale of the food business.
Procedure For Applying For Fssai Basic Registration
The procedure for applying for FSSAI Basic Registration is as follows:
- Visit the official website of FSSAI (https://foodlicensing.fssai.gov.in/index.aspx) and click on "Apply Online".
- Fill in the required details such as name, address, contact number, email id, etc. and create a user id and password.
- Login with your user id and password and select "Basic Registration" from the dashboard.
- Fill in the application form with the details of your food business such as name, address, category, type, etc. and upload the necessary documents such as identity proof, address proof, etc.
- Pay the application fee of Rs. 100 online through debit card, credit card, net banking, etc.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the acknowledgement receipt.
- Wait for the verification of your application by the designated officer of FSSAI. You will receive an SMS or email notification once your application is approved or rejected.
- If your application is approved, you will receive your Online FSSAI Registration certificate online. It is available for download and printing from the website.
- If your application is rejected, you can appeal to the higher authority within 30 days of receiving the rejection notice.
How To Renew The FSSAI License?
The FSSAI license is valid for a period of 1 to 5 years, depending on the type of license and the fee paid. The license holder must apply for renewal of the license at least 30 days before the expiry date, otherwise a penalty of Rs. 100 per day will be levied.
The process of renewing the Food License Online is like the process of obtaining it. The applicant must fill in an online application form on the FSSAI website, upload the required documents, and pay the renewal fee. The documents may include:
- A copy of the existing FSSAI license
- A self-declaration of compliance with the FSSAI regulations
- A proof of annual turnover or production capacity
- A copy of the GST registration certificate
- A copy of the PAN card
- Any other document as specified by the FSSAI authority
It is advisable to renew the FSSAI license on time and avoid any legal hassles or penalties.
Benefits of Securing an FSSAI Basic Registration
Acquiring an FSSAI Basic Registration offers numerous advantages for food business operators, small-scale food manufacturers, and petty food businesses. Here are ten benefits of securing an FSSAI Registration Online:
- Legal Compliance: FSSAI registration is mandatory for all food businesses in India, regardless of their size and scale of operation. By obtaining FSSAI Basic Registration, you comply with the legal requirements, ensuring your business operates legally and avoids potential fines or penalties.
- Consumer Trust: FSSAI Registration Online certifies that your company adheres to the authority's food safety regulations. This fosters consumer trust and confidence in your products, as they are assured of the quality and safety of the food they are purchasing.
- Quality Assurance: FSSAI regulates food safety, hygiene, and quality standards, ensuring that the food products you offer meet the required quality criteria. This helps you maintain consistency in product quality and enhances customer satisfaction.
- Business Expansion: Online FSSAI Registration is a prerequisite for scaling up your food business. If you plan to expand your business in the future, having FSSAI Basic Registration will smoothen the process and avoid any legal hurdles.
- Access to New Markets: Many retail chains, supermarkets, and online marketplaces require FSSAI registration as a prerequisite for listing food products. With an FSSAI Basic Registration, you gain access to a broader market and more sales opportunities.
- Brand Reputation: FSSAI registration adds credibility to your brand. It demonstrates your commitment to food safety and quality, which can positively impact on your brand reputation and help differentiate your products in a competitive market.
- Government Support: FSSAI-registered businesses receive support and guidance from the regulatory authorities. You can stay informed about the latest food safety regulations and updates, helping you adapt to any changes effectively.
- Consumer Safety: FSSAI ensures that food products in the market are safe for consumption. By obtaining Basic Registration, you contribute to maintaining consumer safety, reducing the risk of foodborne illnesses and related issues.
End-to-End Support for the licensing process
Ensure seamless paperwork
Availability of experienced professionals and field experts for seamless assistance.
Connect With Legaltax for Professional Support and Licensing Services
Licensing process entails delicate steps that seek a clear and mindful approach. Any error or mistake during licensing process could prevent the applicant from securing the license. In such cases, the applicant needs to follow the whole process again, which indeed is a time-consuming and tedious affair. This is where we come into the picture. We curtail the possibility of application rejection and ensure prompt and hassle-free disbursement of licenses.
FSSAI performs various functions to ensure food safety and quality in India. Some of the key functions are:
- Framing and enforcing food standards and regulations
- Granting and renewing licenses and registrations to food operators
- Conducting inspections and audits of food establishments
- Collecting and analyzing samples of food products for testing
- Issuing guidelines and advisories on food safety issues
- Promoting awareness and education on food safety among consumers and stakeholders
- Coordinating with state and central authorities on food safety matters