Customer is the king, and let your business be the preferred choice of their highness. How to make that a reality and make your business grow exponentially? The answer is simple, by gaining trust. The best way to portray the worthiness of the business and the efficiency of the product or services and showcase you possess quality on par with the market.
- Expert assistance
- Complete online Process
- End To End Compliances solutions
- Track Application Status
How to Start ISO 14001 Certification
- In Short, Iso 14001 Certification Provides for,
- In This Article
- Outlining the Applicability of Iso 14001 Certification
- Public Standards of Iso 27000
- What Do You Understand About the Environmental Management System?
- Outlining the Key Benefits of Iso 14001 Certification
- Documents Required for Iso 14001:2015 Registration
What Is An ISMS ISO 14001
Large organizations often require a standard to tune their environmental performance in order to have a better reputation and growth. This is where ISO 14001:2015 comes into the picture. ISO 14001:2015 is one of the popular ISO standards used in 171 countries. This globally recognized standard sets a clear framework for organizations seeking to systematically approach their environmental responsibilities.
ISO 14001:2015 allows organizations to adjust their environmental management systems for desired results, which adds value to the organization, the environment, and stakeholders involved. The benefits of ISO 14001 certification can be as significant as adherence to zero-defect policies or Six Sigma management. This article will highlight important facts about ISO 14001 certification and its benefits.
In Short, Iso 14001 Certification Provides for,
- Continuous tracking of potential environmental risks
- Implementation of appropriate course of action
- fulfillment of compliance obligations
- environmental performance amplification
In This Article
Outlining the Applicability of ISO 14001
- Outlining the Applicability of ISO 14001
- What aspects of EMS does the ISO 14001 family cover?
- What do you understand about the Environmental Management System?
- Outlining the Key Benefits of ISO 14001 Certification
- Frequently Asked Questions
Outlining the Applicability of Iso 14001 Certification
ISO 14001:2015 has wide applicability. This means that any entity, irrespective of its nature, type and scope of operation, can apply for the same. The standard emphasizes the environmental aspects of its operation, products and services that require appropriate control and management.
ISO 14001:2015 is yet to outline specific environmental performance criteria. There is no compulsion to follow or implement the framework of ISO 14001:2015 on a large scale. Companies can follow parts of the standard to meet environmental goals. However, this does not translate to full fulfillment of compliance, which is essential to ensure conformity. The organization must satisfy all the requirements and incorporate the relevant changes in its EMS before claiming to conform to the standard.
What Aspects of Ems Does the Iso 14001 Family Cover?
The standards of the ISO 14000 family are outlined by technical committees and various sub-committees of ISO. ISO 14001 sets out the requirements around EMS, ie Environmental Management System. Other standards emphasize important aspects such as audit, labeling, correspondence, life cycle analysis and environmental damages such as climate change.
What Do You Understand About the Environmental Management System?An environmental management system (EMS) is a comprehensive approach to improving environmental performance. It is very similar to a quality or safety management system. In short, EMS gives companies;
- Identify potential bottlenecks and positives of the system
- Track and monitor important environmental impacts
- Save capital by increasing effectiveness
- Ensure compliance with environmental laws
- Set the roadmap for environmental improvement.
An EMS can also help companies oversee resources and improve the credibility of environmental policy.
Outlining the Key Benefits of Iso 14001 Certification
Following are the potential benefits of ISO 14001 certification:
ISO 14001 provides a clear framework that allows companies to identify potential bottlenecks within their environmental systems. In addition, it can extend the approach to how you use raw materials and manage waste to ensure cost savings. This is one of the major benefits of ISO 14001 certification.
ISO 14001 certification enhances the value of an organization in a given market. It builds trust among potential customers. It ensures to the customers that the organization is following an eco-friendly framework while conducting its business operations.
With ISO 14001 certification, you can have strong interactions with suppliers and vendors for better efficacy and productivity. A strong supply chain is one of the frontline benefits of ISO 14001 certification.
With environmental issues increasingly becoming a primary concern for consumers and organizations, investors are prioritizing a company's environmental performance when making important decisions. Attracting potential investors is one of the major benefits of ISO 14001 certification.
ISO 14001 provides for the inclusion of key environmental performance indicators in business reviews. This will help investors to ensure that your company is consistently tracking and managing environmental performance.
Adhering to ISO 14001 standards allows you to explore untapped areas in your business with unmatched growth potential.
Documents Required for Iso 14001:2015 Registration
Documents Required for processing ISO 14001 will differ from one organization to another. However, for your understanding we have listed below the common required documents:
- Registration Certificate
- Office Address Proof
- Scope of the work
- GST Certificate
- Cancelled Cheque
- Pollution Certificate (if any)
- Bills raised/Invoice paid
- Basic KYC of Director/Partner/Prop.
There is no obligation to comply with the ISO 14001 standard, but the organization can adopt its framework to enhance its environmental performance. ISO-registered entities are more likely to garner a better customer base than non-registered ones. Also, it helps in creating a strong interaction between the suppliers and other stakeholders. Write to us if you need to know more about the benefits of ISO 14001 certification. We will be glad to assist you!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Environmental policy. Clearly outline environmental policy. ,
- Plan. ,
- Execution. ,
- Study and correct. ,
- Management Review. ,
- Continuous Improvement
- Learn about the ISO 14001 standard.
- Access control
- Perform an ISO 14001 preliminary environmental review and gap analysis.
- Plan your ISO 14000 project.
- Train your organization on ISO 14001.
- Document your ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
- Implement your EMS and conduct business.
- Audit your EMS.
6 months to 2 years
The average time taken to design, implement and certify for ISO 14001 can take anywhere from 6 months to 2 years, depending on the size and complexity of the organization. It is therefore essential to have a reliable hand guiding and recording every step of the process.
- Finalization of Consultant/Training Agency for ISO 14001 2015 Certification.
- Take training on ISO 14001 2015 standard requirements.
- Identify the deficiencies in the existing system against the requirements of ISO 14001 2015 and take necessary action to comply with the identified deficiencies.
To know More about ISMS ISO 27001 click Detailed ISMS 27001