Trademark Registration in Kolkata
Trademark Registration in Kolkata Just ₹999/- + Govt Fee
- Lowest Price Guarantee
- Quick and Easy Process
- Filing of Application for TM Registration
Google Customer Rating
Process of Submit Document in Trademark Registration in Kolkata
Overiew of Trademark Registration in Kolkata
Trademark registration is the process of registering a logo, phrase, or other symbol used to identify a particular company or product. Trademark registration gives the owner of the mark exclusive rights to use the mark in connection with the goods or services listed in the registration. It also gives the owner the right to prevent others from using the same or similar marks in connection with the same or similar goods or services..
What is the benefits of Trademark registration in Kolkata?
- Legal Protection: : A trademark registration gives you the legal right to take action against any violation of your trademark. It gives you the legal protection against any unauthorized and infringing use of your mark.
- Enforceability: A trademark registration also gives you the legal right to enforce your trademark against any infringing use and obtain damages from the infringing user.
- Unique Identity: A trademark registration helps in creating a unique identity for your business or product. It makes it easier for customers to identify the source of the goods or services.
- Brand Recognition: A trademark registration helps in creating a strong brand recognition among the customers. It helps in creating a strong impression in the minds of the customers which further leads to customer loyalty.
- Exclusivity: A trademark registration gives you exclusive rights to use the mark for the particular goods or services. This exclusivity helps in protecting the interests of the business in the long run.
- Licensing: : A trademark registration helps in creating a licensing opportunity for the business. It helps in generating additional revenue through licensing fees.
- Increase in Value: A trademark registration also helps in increasing the value of the business or product. It helps in creating an intangible asset for the business.
Eligibility Criteria for Trademark Registration in Kolkata
Trademark registration holds significant importance in Noida for several compelling reasons:
- The applicant must be a person, company, or legal entity that owns the trademark or has the right to use it.
- The trademark must be distinctive and capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one undertaking from those of another.
- The trademark must not be identical or nearly similar to an existing registered trademark.
- The trademark must not be prohibited under the Emblems and Names (Prevention of Improper Use) Act, 1950.
- The trademark must not contain any offensive, immoral, or deceptive matter.
- The trademark must not be generic, descriptive, or a geographical name.
- The trademark should not be likely to cause confusion or deception among the public.
Required documents for Trademark Registration in Kolkata
The trademark registration process in Noida involves several crucial steps to secure legal protection for your brand. Here's an overview of the process:
- Trademark application Form TM-A.
- A logo or a graphical representation of the trademark.
- The Goods and Services that the trademark will be used for.
- Properly executed power of attorney by applicant.
- The Applicant’s Identity Proof.
- The Applicant’s Address Proof.
- The Priority Document, if the trademark is based on an earlier filing.
- The Priority Date Declaration.
- The Authorization Letter, if the application is filed by an authorized agent.
Process for register Trademark Registration in Kolkata
Trademark registration in Kolkata, India, follows the same general process as trademark registration in other parts of the country. Here's a step-by-step guide to registering a trademark in Kolkata:
- Preliminary Trademark Search: Before filing an application, conduct a thorough trademark search to ensure that your proposed trademark is unique and not already in use. You can perform this search on the Indian Trademark Office's website or seek assistance from trademark professionals or attorneys.
- Determine the Appropriate Class(es): Identify the class or classes of goods or services that your trademark will cover. Trademarks are categorized under specific classes according to the Nice Classification system. Choose the class(es) that best correspond to your business activities.
- Create and Prepare Trademark Documents: Prepare the necessary documents, including a clear representation of the trademark (logo or wordmark), a description of the goods or services, and details about the applicant (individual, partnership, or company).
- Choose a Trademark Agent or Attorney: While it's not mandatory to hire a trademark agent or attorney, it's highly recommended for a smooth and error-free registration process. A professional can guide you through the complexities of trademark law and the application process.
- File the Trademark Application: Submit the trademark application to the Indian Trademark Office. You can file the application online through the Trademark Registry's official website (https://ipindiaonline.gov.in). Alternatively, you can file a physical application at the appropriate Trademark Registry office in Kolkata.
- Examination and Publication: The Trademark Registry reviews the trademark application after it has been filed. The examiner assesses the trademark's distinctiveness, potential for confusion, and compliance with trademark laws. If there are no objections, the application is published in the Trademarks Journal.
- Opposition Period: :For a four-month term, the trademark is published in the Trademarks Journal. During this time, third parties can file oppositions if they believe the trademark infringes on their rights. If there are no oppositions or if oppositions are resolved in your favor, the application proceeds to registration.
- Registration and Certificate: If there are no obstacles, the trademark is registered, and you will receive a registration certificate from the Trademark Registry. This certificate confirms your exclusive rights to use the trademark in connection with the specified goods or services.
- Trademark Renewal: Trademark registrations in India are valid for ten years from the date of registration. You must renew the trademark every ten years to maintain protection. The renewal process can be initiated six months before the expiry date.
- Trademark Enforcement: With a registered trademark, you have legal recourse to enforce your rights against those who infringe on your trademark. This may involve sending cease and desist notices, taking legal action, and seeking damages.
How long does it take to register a trademark in Kolkata?
It typically takes between 12 and 18 months to register a trademark in India, depending on the complexity of the application.:
The timeline for a trademark registration in Kolkata, India, can vary depending on several factors, including the complexity of the application, potential objections, oppositions, and the current workload of the Indian Trademark Office.
- Application Filing: Once you submit your trademark application to the Indian Trademark Office, it may take a few weeks to a couple of months for the application to be officially acknowledged and assigned an application number.
- Examination: After acknowledgment, your application will undergo examination by a trademark examiner. This stage can take several months, during which the examiner reviews the application for compliance with trademark laws, including distinctiveness and potential conflicts with existing marks.
- Publication: If there are no objections or if objections are successfully overcome, your trademark will be published in the Trademarks Journal. This publication period typically lasts for about four months.
- Opposition Period: During the publication period, third parties have the opportunity to file oppositions if they believe your trademark registration would infringe on their rights. The opposition period can add several months to the registration timeline.
- Registration: If there are no oppositions or if they are resolved in your favor, your trademark will be registered, and you will receive a registration certificate. This process can take a few months.
- Trademark Certificate Issuance: After registration, it may take a couple of months for the trademark certificate to be issued by the Indian Trademark Office.
- Renewal (if applicable): Trademarks registration in Kolkata are initially registered for ten years. If you choose to renew the trademark after this period, the renewal process can take a few months.