In this blog, we will talk about the idea of beginning a Food business from home.
When the Covid 19 pandemic came into attack and lockdown began, Many of the public started selling homemade food items, Like the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). Very few of these businesses have been registered before that.
Also, FSSAI says, selling homemade food items without getting FSSAI License is punishable and also you have to pay a fine of up to 5 lakh rupees and up to 6 months in jail. Businesses who sales below Rs. 12 lakhs must have to register with the FSSAI, while those who have sales of above 12 lakh or more must achieve the food license.
If you want to start a Food business from home and have knowledge about how to bake and cook you should get the FSSAI for showing the quality of your food. Also by starting a food business you can use this passion of cooking to make some good side income.
However, like the beginning of any other type of business, Starting a Home based food business also needs some planning and research. Also, you must make sure that your home-based food business complies with all applicable legal requirements.
A homemade Food business has a greater chance of success. The persons who are office professionals and students who live far from home are always willing to get home cooked meals. And second thing, you also have a great chance to cut expenses and maintain costs at a minimum because the business is started out at your home, there will be no need to pay the shop rents etc Just need an FSSAI License.
If you can fix up an effective delivery system, you can create a lucrative business model for your home-based food business. You can also work with dabbawalas and others tiffin – delivery services to get the meals delivered. The third choice is to build a tiny portion in your home from where you serve the meals you cook for your own purpose without offering delivery services.
Before starting a home based food business, you will need to achieve a few permits and registrations.
- Shops and Establishments Certificate: If you want to start a restaurant from your house, This Shops and Establishments Certificate is required in some states, also in Maharashtra,
- FSSAI Approval: It is mandatory for All food-related firms in India to get a license from the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI). You have to know the category of license that you wish to obtain which is based on the nature and size of your firm. The FoSCoS Fssai registration certificate will only demand a simple registration for home-based food business service.
- GST Registration: you should choose a fresh Online GST Registration if your business establishment generates revenue beyond the level of annual registration. Once you get an GSTIN, you must assure compliance by filing all of your returns on time.
- Trade License : If you choose to start a cloud kitchen, a Trade License may be essential for food businesses. With the assistance of any professionals or experienced attorney like Legaltax or a person, you can also apply for it and it will be given by the neighborhood municipal office.
- Fire and Safety License : As you will use fire for cooking a food, The Fire Department’s approval might be essential.
- An NOC will be needed from your local food and health department or society.
- Brand Registration India: you must have to choose to trademark registration online your name or emblem if you want to secure your brand’s uniqueness. You can choose this stage later, when your brand starts to expand and you have extra income.
- Signage License : You will need this license from your local municipal corporation if you aim to advertise your products.
- Eating House License : you may need an eating house license if you want to run a restaurant from home.you will need the state police commissioner’s approval in order to take this license.
- Environmental Clearance: depending on the situation, you may also require an EC Certification issued by the State Pollution Control Brand.
- If you choose to start a food business at home. 1st of all you have the requirement for Food license certificate. Which you can apply now fssai registration online to avoid the penalty and also their environment must be correct. In these situations, you’ll be required to set aside the full space for your visitors and designate a spot for cleaning up after meals.
- Examining your kitchen to check whether any charges are essential before beginning such a business is another important step to consider. It’s possible that you will even be required to update your kitchen appliances or get larger cutlery if you want to feed a large number of visitors.
- You should also deal with your packing approach. Make sure to pay attention to it because it will be the first impression which is seen by the customers when they purchase your food. on the packaging, put your FSSAI food safety license Copy, To boost your credibility.
- Next, evaluate your skills and decide if you’ll require any help in the kitchen. If it’s essential, you can also hire some helpers to help you with the cooking.
- Marketing is required for those food companies. Establish a plan of social media marketing to advertise your business. In social media promote yourself, start a blog and continue a website to attract clients.
- A applicant’s ID Copy
- Applicants address evidence
- Business location address evidence
- The no-Objection Certificate of owner, if the workplace is rented
- Statements of Bank Account
- PAN Card and Aadhar Card
- GST Certificate
- Passport Size photos
- The building’s layout and site plan
- Report on water quality
- Food Categories List
- To locate essential delivery sites, know your target market’s requirements, and describe your target market by doing in depth research on the market.
- Based on the location, choose a menu. For instance, You might aim to add more alternatives related to fast food in the list if you live in a town with a university. Target more on offering filing and healthy lunch alternatives if you live in an area with many offices to make customers
- After that, choose an easy to catch and memorable name for the company.
- You must choose the methods of payment that you will accept?. To boost your audience, make BHIM and UPI payment captions available.
- Make sure you have enough food and supplies to prepare several foods, and stock up on everything you’ll need.
- The Process of achieving all the above mentioned licenses is what comes next.