What Does FSSAI DO?
In India, food safety and standards was inspected by FSSAI (The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) which is a government organization in India that. It works as a public authority which is also a part of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) was established in 2006 under the Food Safety and Standards Act, and is primarily responsible for food safety and regulation in India.
FSSAI is also concerned about food safety, proper handling and quality. Companies that make, handle, pack, and sell food are granted licenses or registrations by the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI).
Furthermore, FSSAI aims to ensure the purity of food and remove contaminated and low-quality food. Similarly, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) makes rules and regulations for food enterprises in India.
The Aspects Of FSSAI Notification Related to Changing the Address in Food License
FSSAI registration provides a 14-digit unique identifier which contains all the basic information regarding production status and license or approval of the manufacturer. The eligibility of an FBO for FSSAI license is determined by various factors.
The Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), through an order dated September 30, 2021, has enabled a new provision for change of address of premises without changing the FSSAI license/registration number. Food businesses can now retain the same license/registration number, even if a change in the address of the premises is required, by applying an amendment to their existing license/registration. The present article details the process of change of address in FSSAI license.
In case of affecting the premises of their food units, FBOs face challenges in regulating their existing FSSAI license or registration number. The FBO has to surrender the existing FSSAI license and apply for a new license.
To facilitate food businesses in maintaining genuine FSSAI license even if they change the location of the food unit. FSSAI has now allowed new provisions for developing State/UT or District in Food Safety Compliance System (FOSCOS) while applying for conversion to FSSAI License/Registration.
Also Read,How to Apply For Foscos FSSAI Registration
Previously, via an order dated May 31st 2021, The procedure to migrate from FSSAI State License to FSSAI Central License or vice versa without doing any change in the License number was announced by FSSAI .
As mentioned above, food businesses can now modify their existing FSSAI license and retain the same FSSAI license/registration number even if a change in the address of the premises is required.
After the FSSAI registration Online process, any registered FBO can modify any of the information given in the food license issued by FSSAI.
Applicable Fee for Food License Online Address Change
The FSSAI license applying fee structure for Food License Online Address Change as follows:
|Modification of License and Certificate
|Rs. 1000 for the license and Rs. 100 for the registration
As per FSSAI notification dated June 16, 2021, FBOs are not required to pay fee for amendment of license till October 31, 2021.
To modify the license for change of address in FSSAI license the FBO has to upload these documents which are written below.
- Documents in support of amendment on letterhead
- Any document which is required by the licensing authority to ensure the safety of the food
Procedure of How to Change Address in Food License
To change the address of the premises of a Food license. The FBO will have to submit an online application through the Food Safety Compliance System (FoSCoS) and have a valid receipt of the application containing the seventeen digit application reference number.
- FBO needs to login to the FoSCoS portal; A dashboard will be shown. Then tap on the Modify option; FBO can modify the relevant FSSAI license or registration
- An automated online application for transfer will be sent to the existing authority, While implementing your modification of FSSAI license along with the requisite fee for the fee in the jurisdiction.
- The concerned authority will examine the application within 15 days from the receipt of the application. Comments regarding the application. In case there is no comment on the transfer application by the existing authority,
- The application will be automatically accepted by the system. Then the application will be forwarded to the concerned licensing authority. The Food Safety and Standards Regulations, 2011.
- The record/history of the license will be changed to the prescribed licensing authority.
Note: If the FSSAI authority has not enabled any application for FSSAI license amendment, then the particular FBO needs to stop its business operations till the amendment part is over.